BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Projected with Overhead window not showing in plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ARCHICAD wizards,

I have a highlight window with sill height at 1900mm AFFL. The plan cut view is 1150mm AFFL default. The window settings is set to Projected with Overhead. My understand of this based on the Graphisoft help is that this would mean that this window would display with the "Overhead Lines" settings if it sits above the cut plane.

However, for the life of me I cannot get the window to show up with this Floor Plan Display setting.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Ben

Projected with overhead window not showing.JPG
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont use the floor plan cut plans very often, but i had the same problem recently. I set the floor plan cutting plane on the wall & that did the trick.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rogerdodge

Thanks for the reply. I'm not following what you mean by "set the floor plan cutting plane on the wall" - can you clarify please?

Thanks,
Ben
Barry Kelly
benjamin_chan wrote:
Hi Rogerdodge

Thanks for the reply. I'm not following what you mean by "set the floor plan cutting plane on the wall" - can you clarify please?

Thanks,
Ben
I am sure Rogerdodge means to set the floor plan display of the wall just as you did for the window.
If it remains 'Symbolic' then the settings you make to the window will seem to have no effect.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes thats about what I meant.
While we are on the subject Barry, there is a good visual aid that explains the floor plan cut settings really well, but i cannot find it, do you know where it is?
Barry Kelly
Rogerdodge wrote:
Yes thats about what I meant.
While we are on the subject Barry, there is a good visual aid that explains the floor plan cut settings really well, but i cannot find it, do you know where it is?
Was it the chart Laszlo did for this post?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=47031

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats the one, thanks Barry, I had been searching high & low for that.
In all the wrong places though
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
benjamin_chan wrote:
Hi Rogerdodge

Thanks,
Ben
I am sure Rogerdodge means to set the floor plan display of the wall just as you did for the window.
If it remains 'Symbolic' then the settings you make to the window will seem to have no effect.

Barry.
Sorry....still not following....what Floor Plan Display of the wall are you suggesting I set it to?

I guess what I'm wondering is whether ARCHICAD would be able to display the window that sits above the floor plan cut plane (1150mm AFFL) automatically with its overhead line settings - which I thought that "Projected with Overhead" would do?
Barry Kelly
Not sure if this will help at all.
Seems you have to have a "projected with overhead" wall, with an "overhead all" window and then in the window settings override the object line types.

Barry.
window_display.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Not sure if this will help at all.
Seems you have to have a "projected with overhead" wall, with an "overhead all" window and then in the window settings override the object line types.

Barry.
Hi Barry

Thanks very much for this - yes that's the conclusion I came away with.
The issue being is that if I move the window vertically down so that it becomes "cut" by the floor plan cut plane, then I have to remember to turn off the "overhead all" setting as well to get it reading correctly.

Ben
Learn and get certified!