BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

'R' coordinate in vertical dragging

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
In AC14, when dragging something vertically, the R coordinate would show the distance being dragged (absolute or relative depending on the delta button).

In AC15 it doesn't appear to work - it remains at 0' (relative). It is extremely useful to be able to raise something a certain distance instead of having to do the fractional math and typing that into the Z coord. I understand the 'User Origin' setting on the Z coord does that, but I like having the feedback of both the Z and the R to make sure I'm doing what I want.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thank you!
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC15 has really mucked up the z coordinate controls especially with MEP. I reported this during beta testing but as yet have no word on when or if it is being fixed. It seems to have something to do with the new 3D edit grid (which I've yet to find very useful).
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Is there a way to turn off the 3D edit grid? I have found no use for it.

Sometimes when I'm editing a window or door, I cannot slide it along the wall because it appears that the 3D edit grid has it locked into moving only perpendicular to the wall. Even changing the orientation of the 3d grid has no effect.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can turn off the display at View > 3D View Options > 3D Editing Plane Display. I'm not sure if this also disables the functions.
Djordje
Ace
You can also use a relative Z from a known point.

Start the drag, place the cursor at a known point (checkmark) and type Z<value>+ for moving up, Z<value>- for moving down, press enter.

The editing plane can be a drag, especially for us crusty oldtimers 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!