BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

REMOVE ROOF

Llian
Advocate
How can i remove the entire roof ?? They seem to be separated from each other lines..do i have to pick them one by one??? i'm sure there's a better way
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the roof tool, ctr A?
Or if diff roof typs; Find and Select?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It it seems that you really should look at the manual, or the several videos on youtube. Otherwise you are making things very hard to yourself, not learning the basics.
That, coming from a newbie too. The program is too much to learn from trial and error.
about your question, Shift click and select, or use the several methods for selection in the left upper corner of the pallette.
Barry Kelly
If the roof was drawn as one complete polyroof then you can just enable groups to select the whole thing at once.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Llian
Advocate
i am finding the tone here rather rude ...i read the manual do the search and just don't get it...stupid ...yes, i am slow. i find this archicad really arrogant ... i get to use revit in half the time and alot friendlier responses....you know what... there is always that 5% , doesn't it???
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Barry Kelly
Llian wrote:
i am finding the tone here rather rude ...
i find this archicad really arrogant ...
So three replies with three different tips and you find that rude

Then there is a reply saying that trying to learn Archicad by yourself is very hard and suggests some resources to look into.
You yourself say Archicad is "arrogant" - it isn't easy to just pick up and learn by yourself without seeing it in action with another user.
I would striongly recomend looking at the training guides, finding a local user group or sourcing someone local that can spare a few hours to show you the basics.
Even pay for some professional training - yes it is expensive but it is well worth it.

You have posted many questions (some easeir than others) and have in the most part had a good response.
So I wouldn't the tone is rude.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Llian
Advocate
i applaud you....I HAVE BEEN READING THE MANUAL, SEARCH HERE, YOUTUBES, INTERNET.......thank yous.... If there is a local group here, that would be great...i wouldn't bother you or any professional users here.
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212 wrote:
Select the roof tool, ctr A?
This advice would apply anytime you wanted to select elements of the same type, such as walls. slabs, doors, windows etc. Depending on how you work, you may want to place all your roof elements on a separate layer as it makes editing so much easier.

I'm not sure I understand how a software program can be "arrogant", different from another program maybe, but arrogant?

When I started using AC 4.5 there were no user groups, online videos or forums. I was completely self taught (NOT a good thing) so while I can appreciate your problem, there are really many resources available to you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Llian wrote:
i applaud you....I HAVE BEEN READING THE MANUAL, SEARCH HERE, YOUTUBES, INTERNET.......thank yous.... If there is a local group here, that would be great...i wouldn't bother you or any professional users here.
Don't take it so personally (an easy mistake to make over an interweb forum). Cartann even included smileys to indicate the non-aggressive nature of their advice. But you are asking lots of very basic questions, sometimes multiple questions along similar lines in new threads. The manuals (or help files) should be your first port of call, followed by lots of experimenting with the various tools and their parameters.

EDIT: Smileys added...
Erich
Contributor
Also, I find that the search tool embedded on the forum a bit weak. You may want to bookmark this site archicadstuff.blogspot.com/
It has a google search of this forum as well as several other locations and tends to find posts a bit better.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!