Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ROTATE LEAF SIZE LABEL TEXT

Samuel1997
Booster

Hi Guys, currently exploring for a method to rotate the CI Tools Window - Leaf width Label Text. Please note, nothing to do with the Dimension marker tools, as all of the options list full opening widths, and not leaf sizes. I am specifically trying to rotate the leaf text to run parallel to the wall - rather than parallel with the door leaf. ( Very Basic Script Editing Knowledge).

Door Snapshot.JPGPlan View Settings.JPG
AC24
Win11 | 12th gen i-7 | 32GB | RTX 3070 Ti
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

You will probably be better off to contact Central Innovation and ask them if it can be done seeing as it is their object.

If it can't you could then ask them to include the option for a future update.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Samuel1997
Booster

I've since been in contact with Central Innovation and they have added to future fixes list, but with no immediate solution. I've seen various posts about adding new parameter scripts to objects, using a ROT command to either rotate the leaf dimension within the parameters, or adding a a secondary axis point to rotate the leaf text within plan view. I am learning GDL script slowly outside work hours, but this issue is currently holding up a large change over with our template in organizing a uniform system of doors and windows for our schedules. what issues are there with trying to modify the script to achieve what we need? 

Not trying to be an inconvenience, just freaking out because of the delays this is creating for my workflow. 

AC24

@Samuel1997 wrote:

Not trying to be an inconvenience, just freaking out because of the delays this is creating for my workflow. 

I don't have any of the CI Tools so I can't say for sure.

But I would assume their object scripts are locked and password protected so you won't be able to edit them anyway.

If that is not the case and you can edit them, you will be in a bit of trouble if they ever update their objects as it will undo any changes you have done.

So you need to modify a duplicate, in which case if ever they do update their objects, you won't have any of the new features that they may include.

So it is best to let them fix their own objects.

It shouldn't be a particularly big fix to add a rotation hotspot, but as I say I am not familiar with their objects or how it will affect distribution to all of their users.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Samuel1997
Booster

I seem to be able to duplicate, open, modify and save out (modifications cause an error in the script obviously as i just duplicated some of the script to check if editable). As you stated above i am worried that this may take months, if at all to be fixed. 

AC24