BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rapidly repeating sound and non-responsive 3D window

Gus
Newcomer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQgjImV15f0&feature=youtu.be

The link above goes to a video that shows my screen and the crazy sounds I'm hearing from ArchiCAD. This has happened to me several times with this project but everything has been working perfectly on other projects. Also attached to this is a screenshot showing a "Report" that showed up in one of my tabs after these sounds stopped. It took about 10 minutes for the sounds to stop.

Anyone have any clue why this is happening or how I can get it to stop. It is a teamwork file and others using this file are not having the same problem.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks as if a library part in a referenced IFC file has errors in its script. To remedy the situation there are three things you could do:
1) turn off "Interrupt with error messages" in Model Rebuild option portion of Work environment and turn off "Enable ArchiCAD sounds"in More Options of Work environment. This will continue processing views etc without interrupting to work flow but will not fix the error
2) find "mechanical fastener" objects and delete / move on to layer that is not turned on
3) fix GDL scripts of invalid parts, This could take many hours / days of work for probably little / no visible change in the model.

I would question why you need mechanical fasteners in your project this I would have thought to be unnecessary detail that will just slow down the project. when importing the IFC model you can choose what classes of information to import, turning off unnecessary information will speed up import and working generally.

Scott
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!