Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reference Line "Memory"

lasse
Booster
What happened here? I can no longer constrain a reference line to the "last" used (memory) reference (previously achieved with a "shift" when moving an element it was automatically locked onto the last state of reference)

If I choose to move a copy of any element in the same reference vector, must I always use a new instance of a "guide line" or select the same reference line aid all over again?

IMO too many steps!

Lasse
(suffering updates since v.4.55)
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hey Lasse

Hope everything back in Sun Valley is as beautiful as when I left it.

Regarding your constraints, you are unfortunately correct.

Graphisoft took the Custom angle out of Mouse Constraints and Methods, and replaced it with Nearest Instant Guide Line and Lasting Guide Lines. The Instant Guide Lines are the thin ones and the Lasting Guide Lines are the thick ones. So you will need to have them activated. Then you can constrain to them (and you may want to consider dialing the time delay right out and using the ` key to force the guide lines on as needed). But the problem is that the next time you want to constrain to that angle, you need to repeat the process! It's not remembered.

Even the Relative Construction Methods in the Control Box aren't remembered anymore.

Cheers,
Link.
lasse
Booster
Yo Link,

Thanks for the Heads-Up on that one. Both Tom and I are screaming for that to come back. Too many motions to get the functionality out of that process. We do use guides as needed, but the loss of "memory" thing....just ain't right!

Not to get me going.....but there is a lot in 10 that's screwed up IMO!

I have been "using" since V4 and this latest is a bungle!

Regards (where you be these days, anyway?)

Lasse
(suffering updates since v.4.55)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
lasse wrote:
Yo Link,

Not to get me going.....but there is a lot in 10 that's screwed up IMO!

I have been "using" since V4 and this latest is a bungle!

Regards (where you be these days, anyway?)

Lasse
Yes, hopefully they will get back to basics, and stop fixing stuff that ain't broke and fix the stuff that is!

I'm in Noosa, Australia at the moment - I'll be back!

Cheers,
Link.