Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Renovation Tools - Problem with demo fill...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.

Really trying to incorporate the Renovation Tools into my workflow. So much of it is helpful. A few quirks may render it less efficient than the way I used to do it though.

One issue I am having that seems like a bug, is that I can't seem to make the background fill empty on the demolished walls. I want the dashed line to show over every thing with no fill. Am I missing something?

Have tried every setting I can think of in the Renovation Filter Options palette and the Renovation Override Styles palette to no avail.

Very simple thing-immensely frustrating.

Image 1 shows the problem in plan view. Image 2 shows the palette settings.

Thanks for the help.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Palette
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Greg,

I was unable to recreate a similar condition. The appearance is such that the wall appears to be cutting through the hatch fill. What is that element? An object, fill, slab, roof, etc?

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens to be a slab.
It happens with all objects, fills, etc...
Cannot get the demo'd wall to appear without fill.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This has some effect...

Model View Options - Need to toggle Override Cut Fills - No Fills.
IMG.03.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohhh...
But then this happens. Not a good workaround it turns out.

Anybody have any idea what to do?
Thanks
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Greg:

I can reproduce your problem only when the Wall is set to Floor Plan Display > Outlines Only, try setting the Wall to a different Display option.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, thanks for your response.
Good line of thought. I went ahead and tried that. The only setting there that worked was OVERHEAD ALL.

But got me looking through all the wall settings and turns out if I toggle the override fill button and set that to anything at all the wall uses the Renovation override setting. Does not even need to be set to empty fill, can use a solid fill. Only need to have the override radio button activated.

Thanks all. Satisfactory work around / quirk resolution.

-Greg
IMG.06.jpg
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Greg, what is the cut fill of the wall set to? I think if you set the background to transparent you should be able to see through to the slab cover fill. Just a guess.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.