Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Resolution of a revolving Morph shape???

Dalius
Enthusiast
Is it possible to make a smoothly curved, not angular Morph shape, like in my attached example?

Many thanks for solution!
Dalius Regelskis
Archicad user since version 6.0
https://archicad-pamokos.lt
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
For simple elements like you show, use a complex profile rotated as a curved wall, then convert it to morph for further manipulation.
Dwight Atkinson
Dalius
Enthusiast
Dwight, thank you for your prompt response. That's what I was thinking, but hoping that maybe there is a simpler way...
Dalius Regelskis
Archicad user since version 6.0
https://archicad-pamokos.lt
Dwight
Newcomer
Beats messing with code.
Dwight Atkinson
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
You could try Modify segmentation command (accessible only in 3D Window).
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also do the following: draw the profile of the Morph (if it is a revolved Morph) using an Arc or Arcs. Then, when you define the profile for the Revolved Morph, create that curved profile out of 4 or 6 curved Morph segments. Then define the revolution axis and angle as usual.
Because you create the profile out of several curved segments the resolution of the Morph body in effect will be that much greater (since each curved segment is approximated with linear segments) and you will achieve a smoother surfaces.

You can then make hidden those lines of the generated Morph you don't want to see displayed.

This seems to be a better solution than simply doubling the segmentation level because the latter creates up to 10 times as many polygons for the Morph body and still does not achieve the level of smoothness achieveable with the above method.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot LaszloNagy! Was looking at all options and it is your suggestion that helped me attain the profile I was looking for.