BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Restore TABs

Bruce
Expert
Just started a new job, and have made the switch from PC to Mac. Bit of a learning curve...

Can anyone tell me which setting to change so tabs that were open when I close a session, reopen when I start back up again? This was default on PC, and I can't find anything obvious in the Work Environment.

Ta,
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
6 REPLIES 6
Save and share your Work Environment to use it (on W10 and macOS without difference) just before leaving Archicad
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Bruce
Expert
I know how to save a work environment...but I've never heard of sharing one before. What do you mean by that?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Barry Kelly
Bruce wrote:
I know how to save a work environment...but I've never heard of sharing one before. What do you mean by that?
You can save (Export) your Work Environment and then you have a file that you can Import (I assume this is what Christophe means by share) into any other machine.

I am not familiar with MACs, but in Windows, the file will open with the same tabs as when it was saved.
I am not aware of any setting to alter this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
Thanks Barry. I was aware of all this. The MAC (in Teamwork) seems to close all the tabs when quitting ARCHICAD, even if you don't leave the project. A minor nuisance, but as you say, it doesn't do this in Windows.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Barry wrote:
I am not familiar with MACs, but in Windows,...
All right Barry
There is no difference between macOS and Windows
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
4hotshoes
Advisor

I use Mac and Run into the same issue for one project, but another project will remember which tabs I had open. In some ways it is nice to have them close as others tend to open many that I don't want. But I am puzzled why it is this way for one project and not another. I have searched for the control switch.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Learn and get certified!