BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: 3 questions......about Zones, Fills, Interior Wizard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fills: Is there a color fill that will cover furniture but still allow them to be seen (transparent) and other objects instead of allowing them to be above or below the fill?

Zones: is there an option to include thresholds in your zone areas or do you have to individualy manipulate them in when placing the zones?

Interior Wizard: each time I try and add base and chair molding using the interior wizard it creats them over my doors. Am I doing anything wrong here, or is this tool not smart enough to omit the doors when adding these moldings. When I click on the "Use bottom edge" option, it creates the molding up and around the frame of the door which again, is not what I'm looking for.
4 REPLIES 4
Aussie John
Newcomer
goose724 wrote:
Fills: Is there a color fill that will cover furniture but still allow them to be seen (transparent) and other objects instead of allowing them to be above or below the fill?
What you need are objects where the fill can be turned off.
That said you can have a fill with a transparent background eg only the hatch lines show. Select the background colour to the transparent option ie (ø) in pen colours.
goose724 wrote:
Zones: is there an option to include thresholds in your zone areas or do you have to individualy manipulate them in when placing the zones?
Again this is a function of the door or window object - not the zone. Not all doors are scripted to allow this.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
goose724 wrote:
Again this is a function of the door or window object - not the zone. Not all doors are scripted to allow this.
Based on this, I've looked for a setting to include thresholds in zones in the standard AC door settings but didn't find anything. Should I have and if so, where? Or do the standard doors not have this?
TomWaltz
Participant
Chris wrote:
Aussie wrote:
goose724 wrote:
Based on this, I've looked for a setting to include thresholds in zones in the standard AC door settings but didn't find anything. Should I have and if so, where? Or do the standard doors not have this?
i think what you're looking for is under Project Preferences > Zones.
Tom Waltz
Aussie John
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:

i think what you're looking for is under Project Preferences > Zones.
yes that is right (was thinking about something else)

One thing I have noticed is it used to work but now doesnt. Anyone else find that (v10 1183aus)

I wonder if it is related to the fact that door schedules no longer recognise room to and from either
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!