Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD Icons for the less discerning amongst us

henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you, like me, have trouble telling the difference between the ArchiCAD 10, 11, and 12 icons(the differences are subtle!), then you should find these handy.
Add a label showing the version number, and(for the more flamboyant types) change the colour entirely!
These will change your life(or possibly not)!

preview.jpg
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
47 REPLIES 47
Eduardo Rolon
With AC12 you don't need it, it will show you the name of the file on command+tab. With other Apps Exposé (all Application Windows) does the trick and remember there is command+~ to switch between windows after selecting the app.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Chazz
Enthusiast
So this is one of those remaining interface things that Windows users (even XP users!) will lord over us? I hate that.

I'd guess that the reason this is not available on the Mac is that unlike AC, most apps open more than one file at a time and how would you scale it so that the app switcher could show an app with 100 files open?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Eduardo Rolon
Chazz wrote:
So this is one of those remaining interface things that Windows users (even XP users!) will lord over us? I hate that.

I'd guess that the reason this is not available on the Mac is that unlike AC, most apps open more than one file at a time and how would you scale it so that the app switcher could show an app with 100 files open?
I don't know about that since I also use the same trick on Windows ctrl+tab to select the app and ctrl+~ to switch to the open file I want, and I still keep finding people that do not know those shortcuts exist.

The logic is easy, that might be why Apple copied from Windows and you only have to move one finger a half inch.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Chazz
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
I don't know about that since I also use the same trick on Windows ctrl+tab to select the app and ctrl+~ to switch to the open file I want, and I still keep finding people that do not know those shortcuts exist.

The logic is easy, that might be why Apple copied from Windows and you only have to move one finger a half inch.
This was the best thing Apple stole from Microsoft and I use it constantly on both platforms. However, the reason that I find it so nice to have the file name in the switcher is because ArchiCAD can take a moment to come to the fore after switching and it's nice to know where you're going to land before jumping there. Very happy to hear this has been sorted out in AC12.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Command+~ most excellent. Thanks ejrolon
Anonymous
Not applicable
My staff asked for an icon on their MacOSX dock that represents the second instance of the ArchiCAD application that we have loaded in our ArchiCAD 11 folder. This helps them on their Command-Tab dance as they cut and paste between two Teamwork models...
ICEdevil
Newcomer
henrypootel wrote:
If you, like me, have trouble telling the difference between the ArchiCAD 10, 11, and 12 icons(the differences are subtle!), then you should find these handy.
Add a label showing the version number, and(for the more flamboyant types) change the colour entirely!
These will change your life(or possibly not)!
could you please upload a set without the number on them? only the colour change....
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2 GB DDR, Nvidia geforce 6600GT, Win XP SP2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Only just found these excellent Icons, cheers Henry!!

I don't suppose it is possible to get a new set for use with version 13 by any chance.
Karl Frost
Participant
There's a set for AC10-13 on the ArchiCAD Select website, different colours etc
AC23 (7000 NZE Full) AC24 (6004 NZE Full)

OS 11.16.1 iMac Retina 5K 27" 2020, 64GB RAM
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
here are some icons for Archicad 13. one is the same as before but with '13' on it, while the other is an iconified version of the splash screen.

Each one is in PNG & ICO format.

enjoy!
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200