BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: Archicad 11 for Vista 64 bit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!

I hope you guys can help me on this one.

We have a Gateway tower with a dual core 64 processor running
Vista 64 Ultimate. Now when I take a look at the processes I see
Archicad.exe *32. This leads me to believe that the software is
running in 32 bit mode and not 64. Is there a way to have the software
run in 64 bit mode?

Thanks a lot!

Josh
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD is still a 32 bit app. Since XP32 & Vista32 limit programs to 2GB RAM, going to 64 bit should allow ArchiCAD to access the full 4GB that is the maximum for a 32 bit program.

Check out the WIKI page:

archicadwiki.com/64-bit

That should answer all your questions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matt thanks a lot!

Do you know if Archicad 12 will have a 64bit version and if so when is it coming out.

Need more speed...

Josh
KeesW
Advocate
Our specifications are similar to yours and our AC's run very fast. I don't know if AC12 will acknowledge 64 bit processors but understand that it will use multiple cores when they are available. We are certainly looking forward to getting more benefits from these high end components.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
KeesW wrote:
Our specifications are similar to yours and our AC's run very fast. I don't know if AC12 will acknowledge 64 bit processors but understand that it will use multiple cores when they are available. We are certainly looking forward to getting more benefits from these high end components.
If this little tidbit of information about multiple cores is true it will be a very good thing!
Anonymous
Not applicable
before I go through the effort of dual booting a windows 64 can anyone actually verify that archicad can and will use all of the 4 gigs of ram available to it in 64 bit mode. I do a lot of rendering that would certainly take advantage of a near doubling of ram, but have only ever heard that it should use it (in theory), but haven't heard anyone say that they have seen it in action. thanks in advance.
carl b
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have AC11 running on a Vista 64-bit machine and it is using more than 2 GB of RAM, I can't say it is using all 4 but definately more than 2.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I can confirm that AC12 does use up to 4 gigs. On a really huge model it was chewing just over 3 while generating an elevation. it probably would take more, but vista wasn't letting so of it.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running ac 12 on vista64 and had some problems with the 3d window when aero is turned on. Has anyone else experienced this?
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I've had no problems at all on my rig. What's your graphics hardware?
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Learn and get certified!