BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Retrospectively setting survey coordinates

michael-scott
Participant

Hi,

I have been working in an ArchiCAD file utilising a survey which was originally created with national coordinates.

At the start of the project this survey was placed in the ArchiCAD model without any regard to it's national coordinates.  The modelled information has no correct relationship to the national coordinates.

I now need to apply those national coordinates to the ArchCAD file. 

I thought that I would be able to pick a point on the survey (say a corner of a building) and enter the actual coordinates - but I've had no joy using the Survey Point Coorindates tool. For example, when I try to to this the Survey Point jumps say a 1km away to the actual coordinates. Can I override the coordinates in ArchiCAD and set that survey point wherever I like?

Hope this makes sense?

3 REPLIES 3

Which version of Archicad are you using?

You can move the survey point to a new location to effectively 'reset' the position of your existing data to the national co-ordinates.

You need to determine where 0,0 is in relation to the survey data you have imported. If you have gridlines on the survey data find the closest grid intersection to the 0,0 origin point of Archicad and measure the distance to it in the x and y direction. Place the survey point on Project 0 and then offset it in the x- and y- direction by the distance determined in the previous step. You need to also be mindful of your rotation. If the survey data is still rotated so North is up the page then that fine, if not you will need to rotate the screen before relocating the survey point.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F020_Confi...

This is for Archicad 27 but the principle for 26 is the same.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Many thanks for taking the time to reply Lee; I'm still having issues as the survey point reverts to the 'incorrect' coordinates. I've resolved myself to just being more disciplined with setting up drawings!

Learn and get certified!