Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rojkind in UAE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ,

I think Rojkind arquitectos are ArchiCAD based right?

check this out

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=13161420

nice stuff? what do u think?is it all made in archicad? and for sure i am not talking about the rendering!

if we can share ideas about how do u think it is modeled?

and integrated as a full BIM or VB project?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they are ArchiCAD based. It is their house that is the startup screen for AC10. Cool stuff!
Anonymous
Not applicable
yep .. i know that the red house is thier!! i've checked thier web page long time ago..real cool stuff...

but i mean this time..this bulding .. mmm.. kind of different.. these are no walls !!

so how did they manage to have a real ArchiCAD file ?...

i mean for me i can't find a way in my mind using walls for that " even if we managed to get it from maxonform.. naaaah!! this is no good solution " i mean for the shape it would be ok , but edititng? or even how to work with interior walls ? triming to the outer shell .. its a nightmare!! and you have to work with tons of SOE hiddin objects and u won't even be satisfied.. and still u can't edit that easily.." did i say easily!!? actually u can't!!"

so.. thats why i am posting this... just to share ideas about how it could be done..mm..lets say the right way!! i mean i know that i can do that.. i mean as long as we have mesh tool so for sure we can "module" whatever we want.. but its not the right way!! that what i would like to disscuss with you amigos!! the ArchiCAD masters!!!

mmm... any way i thought its nice to share good news with you.. not only when i face problems
Anonymous
Not applicable
or even this one?

also from Rojkind.. i mean this structure?again i know that i can do that " not that easy" using SEO.. but still can get right plans for that !?

ideas about how these guys are pushing our Archicad to limits?
Eduardo Rolon
Actually, I think that was done using Maya or Maxonform, for the basic geometry of the building envelope. Check the interview in Apple's web site.

www.apple.com/pro/profiles/rojkind/
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Actually, I think that was done using Maya or Maxonform, for the basic geometry of the building envelope. Check the interview in Apple's web site.

www.apple.com/pro/profiles/rojkind/
mmm...so we are not talking about a real VB or BIM file!!

SAD!!

but anyway i am thinking of sending him an email asking him about that.. is it rude or what? what do u think!!?? naaaah may be they will be too busy to answer us !! poor Archicad-talk people!!
__archiben
Booster
whatever wrote:
but anyway i am thinking of sending him an email asking him about that.. is it rude or what? what do u think!!?? naaaah may be they will be too busy to answer us !! poor Archicad-talk people!!
i don't know . . . he flew over to the archicad university in nottingham last year (or the year before?) to talk about how they used archicad in their workflow...

but in order to solicit a response, you mind find it better manners to use your real name and location rather than "whatever" and "near".
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't know . . . he flew over to the archicad university in nottingham last year (or the year before?) to talk about how they used archicad in their workflow...

but in order to solicit a response, you mind find it better manners to use your real name and location rather than "whatever" and "near".

ouch!!...that hurts

ok.. you are right..but its just a habit!! i don't use any important infos !! , you are right any way.. , but didn't know that this might be considered as "not good manners"!! sorry for that!! but in the end , we are jusr Archicad users so we are on the same side " if i can say"...

and really i am interrested in this isuue about how they achive all this , in a real ArchiCAD enviroment , i mean yes i am a user for kind of long time and i know i can achive almost everything for " not so crazy buildings" , i mean every thing from modeling to all the drawings , and its all or lets say almost most of these drawings are really linked to each other 80%-90% real VB project , but when it comes to these shapes? yes still i can model that " specially with all the other tools like maxonform" but eventualy we are not talking about a real VB project , if we are going to deal with objects? i think its more like a 3D CAD , not a real solution of VB , but for sure that this is the way we do all the time in any 3D cad program , while here we just need that for extra ordinary buildings , but still for me i think all BIM solution have a real gap in this , when first i read about maxonform ? i thought that this is the real solution , but after dealing with it? mm.. its good , but not BIM!!

am i right? or its just me " whatever who lives in near "

hey no offense amigos!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Whatever,

No offense taken, I understand not wanting to give any info.

I think you are right about the limitations of BIM or real VB in this area, but it is this kind of work that pushes the developers to the next level.

So far there is no one magic software that does it all, and you have to make compromises, but I hope that Graphisoft are paying attention and the next generation of tools allows for better integration with Maxonform or Maya, or whatever...

Keep on pushing the limits!
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
ddeyarza wrote:
Whatever,

No offense taken, I understand not wanting to give any info.

I think you are right about the limitations of BIM or real VB in this area, but it is this kind of work that pushes the developers to the next level.

So far there is no one magic software that does it all, and you have to make compromises, but I hope that Graphisoft are paying attention and the next generation of tools allows for better integration with Maxonform or Maya, or whatever...

Keep on pushing the limits!

Buildings of this kind are most often two buildings right!?..a normal one and the "not-so-normal" one /shell/structural construction. Normal part is ArchiCAD and not-so-normal any 3D modeller software (doesn't matter really...Rhino, Alias, Cinema, Maxon, Maya, 3DS and a bunch of others produce very funky ...ahm..things!?). Most often the interior isn't Fred Flintstone style and thus very applicable to a BIM model in ArchiCAD.

This one was really cool btw! Rock'n'roll!!!

Tweaked is the word I think of when I see it!
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.