Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rojkind in UAE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ,

I think Rojkind arquitectos are ArchiCAD based right?

check this out

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=13161420

nice stuff? what do u think?is it all made in archicad? and for sure i am not talking about the rendering!

if we can share ideas about how do u think it is modeled?

and integrated as a full BIM or VB project?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes you are all right my friend , for sure i mean after all these versions... still nothing new to mesh tool? ok NURBS could be good.. and after like 3 versions now with SEO , still no right display on floor plans?..

and now they came with the new version to convince me that Virtual Trace is a real deal?

Hey common!! its a step back in the VB technology!! model as u need!!? and create a proper 2D drawings manually?..

no .. you improve the VB tools.. and i use it to the limit i need..

i mean sure we don't produce 100% BIM projects.. but we decide that.. and we feel pitty for that... because we can't do it all in the "right way"

and now its the policy of the company? ooh.. yes its hard to modle every thing... just get what you need? i don't think that what a real BIM technology needs... its more 2D CAD than a real VB solution!!

ooh yes its for helping people going to BIM world? ok get a good BIM solution and people will go!! its hard to shift... from one world to another.. but its worthy if the new world is really good!!

but helping people to go from 2D world to a new level of 2D world? no stick to your tricks in 2D!!

really i was dipressed when i am looking at the new features of AC11

its only the curved"slanted-profiled" walls , which actually should be already included in AC10 ,because its not too archicadish!!

what we used to see is .. u can do that here? so you can do it every where!! thats what i know about Archicad...

but now we have half- ok of every thing.. half-ok SEO.. half-ok stair maker... half-ok openings in profiles... half-ok maxonform " less than half.. more like a real good thing that is usless in BIM"...half-ok sketchup plug in " it wasn't available for mac usres for AC10"..No solution for multi processing..no advantage of more than 4GB ram... now the same file..switch to any 3D software..it will be like a toy you can explore and rotate and every thing coz its using all the processors while our used to be superior archicad can't... sorry we only use one of ur proccessors...?many things we are waiting for

and now we have the solutions in AC11.. heeey you have the cool virtual tracing technology!!?? common!!! i can't believe they did that ..its so "NOKIA".."Autodesk" style!!

don't get me wrong... i love this software .. it made my life easier.. but now with all other solutions coming up.. other BIM solution... its like my babe is not that hot any more!! but i still love her!!
and the bad thing about that.. is that other "babes" are evil!! the same company that buy anything that works!! and claim it to itself!!

so ..

its not the kind of discusion i was looking for!!
but when archicad good useres have a presentation in thier company that they struggled to convince thier manageres to switch to archicad.. and Revit people do a presentation there.. and the were like and looks for them that its AC14? or AC15?

thats bad!!

i hare it when every time the truth strikes me!! its all about pushing money in a company!!

i hate that... sigh..sorry i was talkin alot..

any way... the challenge is huge.. and i hope now with graphisoft is working with "or name it whtever you like" nemetschek together... i hope things will go in right direction... instead of " Virtual Tracing!!???"

get the best BIM and people will go to that!! no one will switch from Autocad to Archicad while there is an autodesk solution... and its the same level...i know that even revit is not that good with autocad..i mean when it comes to exporting files.. the same thing with ADT and Autocad.. but People don't know that..they will say ...heey its the same company ..so for sure its better to go to that solution!!..no one will think that.. ooh but wait a minute.. archicad has the cool virtual tracing tool!!

they will say we can create free shapes in Revit.. and convert faces into elements... walls .. curtain walls...so and so..!!

thanx again mates... sorry for talkin that much!!
share ideas..in the end its not about programs ... its about architecture... but sad to see technology leader.. doing some back steps!!
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
whatever wrote:
but when archicad good useres have a presentation in thier company that they struggled to convince thier manageres to switch to archicad.. and Revit people do a presentation there.. and the were like and looks for them that its AC14? or AC15?
I don't understand what you write. Revit has obiously had ArchiCAD as the main inspiration when it comes to interface. I prefer ArchiCADs interface so I guess it's only a matter of personal taste and thus not very interesting in general. The underlying technology is different and flatcadders (from ACAD) don't understand what they see. The get so excited just becasue they can make anything at all in 3D.
They see that it CAN be done but they don't have the matureness to figure out HOW it works. It takes a while to come to this level but it's the level you will continue to work on for the rest of your career.

However the important thing is that ArchiCAD is made for working with buildings and the amount of freedom in design versus automation in ArchiCAD is spot on.

Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ooh..sorry Mats . excuse my English!!

what i was saying is i had couple of friends , working in a kind of big firm , they were trying for the last couple of years to convince thier managers to switch to archicad , and they have all those "enemy-colleges" supporting ACAD , and stuff like can you do this? can you do that?... you know this stuff... and suddenly the company had a presentation of Revit... and my friends were totally out!! and those "enemy colleges" where like

and they are good users , and they know that they've seen things done easily in Revit , while it takes us a real big time to achive it..

i know Revit is still having problems ... as any other BIM solution , i know they don't have our advanced library parts , i know that no Marquee and partial 3D views , I know that they are also sticked to 32 bit ,and one processor , i know that even for me i didn't find the interface user-friendly..but its just my opinon , i mean others could find archicad to be not so user friendly ,

But i know that they have a mass builder , and you can assign faces as walls and curtain walls !! while we have sketchup... which is for sure the most marviloous and easy way to create a mass.. no doubt.. but its another application!! free? yes but still another application... and its not highly supported!! imagine that mac users had no link for AC10 and sketchup!!?

And i know that plans in revit are from the 3D modle .. while we have symbols... which is good sometimes..but its really bad when it comes to SEO... really bad

I am not sure if they have Views as powerfull as we have , and i think that schedules aren't that advanced..they can have no legends in schedule unless they put it manually " i am not sure but its a general idea" , and i know that for them they have to split the file if its large or if a team is working on it , and that will cause some problems in schedules and Zone numbers

And I know that the whole Revit thing is totally Archicad!! they didn't invent a new stuff... they just select a good thing and worked on it , but now its good.. and its AUTODESK!!!

I know that the pressure is huge on graphisoft ... but having virtual tracing?

virtual tracing ??

i didn't tried it yet.. i mean it looks cool , but its not about being cool!! its about having better tool, coordination and control? i don't think that this was the most important part to be solved in archicad... really don't think so

URRRRRRGH... every time i start posting i think that i am going to post few lines!! and i end with this... sorry
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
whatever wrote:
ooh..sorry Mats . excuse my English!!

what i was saying is i had couple of friends , working in a kind of big firm , they were trying for the last couple of years to convince thier managers to switch to archicad , and they have all those "enemy-colleges" supporting ACAD , and stuff like can you do this? can you do that?... you know this stuff... and suddenly the company had a presentation of Revit... and my friends were totally out!! and those "enemy colleges" where like

and they are good users , and they know that they've seen things done easily in Revit , while it takes us a real big time to achive it..

i know Revit is still having problems ... as any other BIM solution , i know they don't have our advanced library parts , i know that no Marquee and partial 3D views , I know that they are also sticked to 32 bit ,and one processor , i know that even for me i didn't find the interface user-friendly..but its just my opinon , i mean others could find archicad to be not so user friendly ,

But i know that they have a mass builder , and you can assign faces as walls and curtain walls !! while we have sketchup... which is for sure the most marviloous and easy way to create a mass.. no doubt.. but its another application!! free? yes but still another application... and its not highly supported!! imagine that mac users had no link for AC10 and sketchup!!?

And i know that plans in revit are from the 3D modle .. while we have symbols... which is good sometimes..but its really bad when it comes to SEO... really bad

I am not sure if they have Views as powerfull as we have , and i think that schedules aren't that advanced..they can have no legends in schedule unless they put it manually " i am not sure but its a general idea" , and i know that for them they have to split the file if its large or if a team is working on it , and that will cause some problems in schedules and Zone numbers

And I know that the whole Revit thing is totally Archicad!! they didn't invent a new stuff... they just select a good thing and worked on it , but now its good.. and its AUTODESK!!!

I know that the pressure is huge on graphisoft ... but having virtual tracing?

virtual tracing ??

i didn't tried it yet.. i mean it looks cool , but its not about being cool!! its about having better tool, coordination and control? i don't think that this was the most important part to be solved in archicad... really don't think so

URRRRRRGH... every time i start posting i think that i am going to post few lines!! and i end with this... sorry
I'm actually on the move but a comment.
Massing...whoa..have a looka at www.cej.fi and their huge infrastructural projects. Pure mass/volumes covered with surface. Use the zone tool and you have all area/volume/composition inormation you need about your project.

Learning...after a 3 days basic training course most people can start producing building permits and such. AC have a very simple and nice interface and it is the mix between freedom and automation as I said which is really important but since many architecs have been reduced to CAD-modellers it's kind of abstract for them.

Well well, it's a complex process and some people go for bling factor. You should evaluate the whole process. But it takes knowledge.

Now I'm off to Poland.
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
mm..sorry i meant massing like freedom to create shapes

but still this guys at CEJ .. using Archicad? good stuff.. really good stuff..

and enjoy ur stay in Poland
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
whatever wrote:
mm..sorry i meant massing like freedom to create shapes

but still this guys at CEJ .. using Archicad? good stuff.. really good stuff..

and enjoy ur stay in Poland
My last one before I'm off to the airport.
Think outside of the box and you're there with the zones as shapes/volumes. In these early stages you rarely do a building model with walls and slabs and windows and doors and stuff if you know the smarter way to do it. Do your volume studies and analysis with the zone tool (and as a bi-product you get all areas etc), put textures on your volumes and render and there you go. Excellent workflow for competitions/early stages where you need to make lots of different solutions in a short period time. Still it's only one of many many parameters.

CEJ btw has their own programmers that tweak the zone tool even further to a deadly weapon.

If you want to go for blobs you have to go with a dedicated 3D blobber software. No BIM there yet.

ArchiCAD + Maxon/C4D is the best combination on the market today when it comes to combining BIM and general 3D. (IMHO)

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
mm... are u that addicted to the forum?

mm..yes i agree with you..its better to start with something different than waals and slabs.. for me i used to use sketchup..nothing can defeat that.." i think "..

and Archicad + maxon... is the best on the market... but so far away from being a good productive tool , that gives a real benefit to your VB or BIM project

Any way sure u are not reading this, hope u are having a BIM conversation with a nice flight attendant

Safe trip ,