Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Tool Geometry Method icon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Just changed to ArchiCAD14 and working on an older drawing for college.

Some how when I come to draw a roof and want to select the geometry method, the icons are not there.

I am sure there is an easy answer, but I have gone through all the toolbars when the roof tool is selected and it does not appear.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Cheers
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
icebandit:

You should check your Work Environment. Either apply the Standard Profile 14, or if you want to modify the current profile, go to Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Info Box, select Roof Tool, then make sure that Geometry Method is visible and near the top of the list. It is also possible you need to scroll within the Info Box to get to the Geometry Methods.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Many Thanks for your time, I will try that out.

Cheers
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is not the best place to post this issue. Working in ArchiCAD is better, but perhaps a moderator will move it.

Anyway, please upload a screenshot if you can.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe you could reload the Standard Work Environment, see it that restores the icons in your Toolbar.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Answered here:
Roof Tool Geometry Method icon

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This thread looks a little confusing. The reason is because I actually merged two topics but did not delete any of the answers in either.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorted, many thanks.

Haven't used it for ages, I was messing about in the tool box, but go far enough.

Cheers