Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof modelling issue

Actually I have 2 problems.
1. I have to model a roof with polygonal edges. I modeled the underside of the roof with the mesh tool.
If I use the mesh-to-roof tool, I will get a roof with the upperside in the underside position and is not ok.
I tried with the 3D approach. I modeled the roof in 3D but the same problem appears.
Is it possible to modify the reference plane of a roof?

2. How can I draw a roof with more than 90 degrees slope. That is, inverted.

roof.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
6 REPLIES 6
pic 2, problem 1
arch. ernest atanasiu
pic 3, probl. 1
arch. ernest atanasiu
problem 2
arch. ernest atanasiu
Dwight
Newcomer
uisanata wrote:
Actually I have 2 problems.
1. I have to model a roof with polygonal edges. I modeled the underside of the roof with the mesh tool.
If I use the mesh-to-roof tool, I will get a roof with the upperside in the underside position and is not ok.
I tried with the 3D approach. I modeled the roof in 3D but the same problem appears.
Is it possible to modify the reference plane of a roof?

2. How can I draw a roof with more than 90 degrees slope. That is, inverted.
You said that it is not okay to get a roof with the upper side in the underside position. I agree. What is down is up.

Why not, if the modeling is correct, invert the materials?
OR, instead, make a complex profile wall at the angle you need.

Stay away from mesh for roofs. Mesh bad.
Dwight Atkinson
I want the underside of the roof to be in the actual position of the mesh. Everything I've tried does the opposite: it generates an inverted roof whose planar projection is ok but the materials are on the other side. So I can't calculate room clearance on the inside of the building correctly.
I have to use the mesh, because the roof is very irregular. A solution could be to remodel the mesh in the position of the upperside of the roof and then generate the roof.
I don't know about the slanted wall method. I know only the position of the mesh in 3D. How can I model all the walls in the correct position?

And, yes, the solution with changed composites seems the correct approach.
Still remains the problem of generating the roof first.
arch. ernest atanasiu
Dwight
Newcomer
You must study "Complex Profiles" to make slanted walls.
Dwight Atkinson