BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Room within a Room, Sound Proof Room

Anonymous
Not applicable
How should be go about building a room within a room for sound proofing in ArchiCAD? Ideally, this should be drawn as a single composite for several reasons, like evaluating the composite, analysis on the composite, but how can we do that when a room within a room requires two doors?

Does such a door exist in ArchiCAD?

What's the proper way to do it?
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can draw two doors like that in one single wall. You might have to turn a cover fill transparant (pen 0) in the display settings of the doors to get them both to show (one might get partially covered by the background fill of the other).

I'm not sure what kind of software you are using to evaluate that wall, but I would personally not draw it as a single wall to avoid wall connection headaches.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
If you have a single wall composite there is nothing stopping you adding two separate doors - one to the inside of the wall and one to the outside.

If you want a single frame with 2 doors, then you will need a special object - like a hotel dividing door (I am sure they have a special name).
I am not aware of any standard Graphisoft objects that do this.

You could create your own custom doors and frame but it would not be adjustable.
You would need one for each size if there are to be different sizes.

Search for custom door frames here or in the helpcentre and you should find how to do it if you don't know already.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would model it as you would build it, ie two separate walls.

You do not want any physical connection to the inner and outer leaves of the walls as this will create a path for transmission of vibration (sound)

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
You can draw two doors like that in one single wall. You might have to turn a cover fill transparant (pen 0) in the display settings of the doors to get them both to show (one might get partially covered by the background fill of the other).

I'm not sure what kind of software you are using to evaluate that wall, but I would personally not draw it as a single wall to avoid wall connection headaches.
ok, wow, I didn't try that, but you can actually just have a door on each side of the wall;) Thanks, this is perfect;)
Learn and get certified!