BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotate origins (UCS)

D_BRANDT
Contributor
Hi,

Is it some how possible to rotate the origins (suppose it's similar to autocad "UCS")?

I've migrated from autocad architecture and is used to draw true north pointing up instead of rotating the project.
Problems if drawing without rotating the origins is that snappoints/reference lines will be based on the origin, so there's a big risk of a imprecise drawing...
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You do not need to rotate the project, you just need to rotate the project north direction.
You can rotate working and saved views similar to rotated UCS and views in AutoCAD

Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can set project north from Options > Project Preferences > Set Project North.

What we ussually have is a worksheet with some 2D true north situation. We trace that under our floorplan to get the needed rotation clear and then set project north.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
D_BRANDT
Contributor
Just tried to play with the project north settings and the grid too.

The "problem" for me is that even I rotate the project north or the grid, the angle of a new element is still calculated from a horizontal line - see attached picture!
My experience is that if you don't rotate the underlying coordinate system according to the building, you risk of making a very imprecise model.

Will it be possible to rotate/move the coordinate system? Similar to rotate the UCS in AutoCAD...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Learn and get certified!