BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotating elevations

KeesW
Advocate
Gurus

Any reasons why horizontal elevations with elevation height lines should rotate 90 degrees and loose the elevation height lines when imported into layouts? It has never happened to me before - must have done, or am doing, something wrong.

Sections, when moved to layout sheets, rotate, but don't loose the elvation height lines. It must be a setting - but where?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It can't be the default drawing setting since that would affect all drawings. Have you tried manually rotating it to the correct orientation?
KeesW
Advocate
I can maniually rotate them in the layouts. However, the storey height lines don't reappear. I want to know what causes it!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
HTH: This happened to me once: the rotation of the floorplan was transferred to the elevation. I added a shortcut for the command Reset Orientation. By pressing the shortcut and Get Current Windows Settings I restored the view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen this behavior before, it was caused by a rotated plan ( doesn't make sense I know ) . I had to create a new elevation reseting the view didn't help.
Learn and get certified!