Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Round Tread Edges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Is it possible to change the profile of the tread edges from square to rounded? You know many staircase particularly traditional ones, have a rounded edge on the steps rather than square. Is there an option to choose between round and square?

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Eleni wrote:
Is it possible to change the profile of the tread edges from square to rounded?
Yes.
I don’t have Archicad with me at the moment so I can’t give you exact settings.
In the settings for the treads, you should find options for the nosings.
You can use pre-defined profiles or you can create your own custom profiles as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eleni:

In the Stair settings > Finish > Tread, change the Tread Settings from Built-In Tread to Tread 22 which has various Nosing options.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry, David,

Many thanks to both of you for coming back. We are using ArchiCAD 20 in the office and I cannot find this option for the tread. Is it something available in newer versions or is it me that I am missing something?

Many Thanks.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eleni:

The Stair Tool was completely redesigned for AC21, so these options are not part of the older AC20 Stair Tool.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Lingwisyer
Guru
For further clarification, are you using the standard GS Stair objects, or something like StairMaker or CadImage Stairs?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all, I am just using the standard GS staircase in ArchiCAD 20. I will update my profile asap!.