Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO trouble - won't do the operation when opening the file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have model with a complex roof in which case I've used MESH tool instead of ROOF. I've cut the walls with the mesh using SEO "subtract with upwards extrusion". Everything works... but... When I close the file and open it another time, it doesn't show the walls in 3D anymore - as there would be no walls. So, i select the Mesh, do "cancel" on all operators and then do "undo", and everything is back to normal - the walls are back and CUT as wanted.

Where's the catch, any idea?
5 REPLIES 5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Not a solution, but I am also having problems with SEO's..

This happens to be an AC12 file, but it would seem you can reach a limit (might be based on available RAM)...

But I have a complex profile that I am using for a BASE on walls. It has a REVEAL in it, so I make it coincident with the wall and SUBTRACT w/ DOWNWARD EXTRUSION to cut the bottom of the wall away..

Works great about 90% of the time, but as the file grows larger and I try to create additional SEO's, the simply DON'T work... Same 2 pieces (complex base and traditional wall)...

Anyway... Not sure what the answer is...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
We were working on a sorority house with complex eaves and a lot of SEO's and complex profiles. It was a teamwork file. We were constantly having issues where the operations would undo themselves, or show incorrectly, etc. Turns out our server didn't have enough RAM. Bought some more and that fixed it. 8 GB seems to be enough though. Is is a solo project? How large?
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Solo Project..... 592mb (likely the largest file I've ever done)...

Currently working on an iMac w/ 6gb ram (old 2007 iMac where 4gb is supposed to be max)..

I can't open it in 15 (or I would)... And I can't open it in 12 on my PC w/ 8gb RAM...

Sent to Graphisoft about 6-8 weeks ago for diagnosis and never heard back..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:

Sent to Graphisoft about 6-8 weeks ago for diagnosis and never heard back..
Now that's disheartening to say the least!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well-- my file is a really small, 2,5mb in a concept design phase.. and the geometry is nothing extreme,..