BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Saving Custom Photo Render Settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to save customized photo rendering settings in AC9. When I switch between sketch and lightworks, for example, and back again all settings have reverted to factory default. I would really like to save and name different rendering profiles. Especially for sketch (many line settings to tweak).

Thanks....
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
I havent used AC9 yet but with 8.1 using publisher you can save the "generic perspect/axo" in a view set, preserving all current settings. It also gives the option for 3d window or photo rendering window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless Link has worked out a way (?), I think this is one for the wish list. Sorry.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Unless Link has worked out a way (?), I think this is one for the wish list. Sorry.
You can save your own Sketch Render settings by editing the SketchPreset.txt file.

On a PC it is found at: C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9\Add-Ons\Visualisation\SketchTextures

I can't recall where to find it on a mac, but it should be in your library somewhere - you can alays doa search for SketchPreset.txt

Open the file and copy an existing style, from Preset to EndPreset.

Eg.

Preset: 6B_Artist
BasicTabPage:
LineStyle: 07_Graphite
LineColorMode: 2 [2-CUSTOM, 1-ELEMENT, 0-STYLE]:
Red: 60 [0 - 255]
Green: 60 [0 - 255]
Blue: 60 [0 - 255]
Hatching: ON [ON/OFF]
Shadow: ON [ON/OFF]
EndTabPage
EnhancementsTabPage:
Antialiasing: 2 [0 - 4]
AirPerspective: 40 [0 - 100]
PaperRoughness: 50 [0 - 100]
AlphaForRoughness: ON [ON/OFF]
EndTabPage
LineTabPage:
Thickness: 35 [0 - 100]
Distortion: 35 [0 - 100]
Overstretch: 16 [-50 - 50]
EndTabPage
HatchTabPage:
Thickness: 30 [0 - 100]
Distortion: 40 [0 - 100]
Overstretch: 9 [-50 - 50]
ClarifyRemoteArea: OFF [ON/OFF]
ClarifyRemoteAreaLevel: 50 [0 - 100]
EndTabPage
ShadowTabPage:
Thickness: 30 [0 - 100]
Distortion: 40 [0 - 100]
Overstretch: 6 [-50 - 50]
Darkness: 75 [0 - 100]
Spacing: 10 [0 - 100]
EndTabPage
EndPreset

Then paste this back into the file and rename it. In the above case rename 6B_Artist to whatever you want to call the new preset. Then you simply need to match the figures with what you want in your sketch render. It's pretty simple from there - just save the file and next time you go into the Photorender Settings dialog, your new preset will be available.

I don't know of a way to save Internal Engine or Lightworks Photorender presets.

I have wished for this before, but I still think it is worth wishing for again! Eric mentioned using viewsets to save these settings and he is absolutely right. Don't forget that the marqueed area will also be saved if you need it. So this can be powerful, but it is more cumbersome than simply having a Save As button in our Photorendering dialog, as we do with Display Options, for example.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
g.h.design wrote:
Is there a way to save customized photo rendering settings in AC9.
Your saved 3D view will preserve all the rendering settings, if you specify that the view is to be saved in the Photorendering window.

For the creation of your own Sketch styles, follow Link's advice.

Ha - my first post in 2005! Happy new year to all!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy New Year,

and thanks for all the posts...
I use a screen shot and save it in the project file. Not to elegant but it works and I can view it along side of the settings window.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Dwight
Newcomer
Brilliant and quick!
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Brilliant and quick!
Took the words right out of my mouth! I love solutions like that!

Woody
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are you guys kidding? I'm not sure whether you're serious or not. This method seems blindingly obvious to me, but in this particular case seems very repetitive, and (with all due respect) redundant, given that you can save the settings permanently....

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!