BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Saving from archicad 14 to archicad 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,

Could anyone tell me, if there is some way of saving the file from archicad 14 with included some library parts to archicad 12?
what's the simplest way?
I know that I can save one version back, but it still does not solve the library parts problem.
also, when I save to archicad 13 and open the file there, while opening 3d window, it says 'different ac3d version'.
So, it seems that I'm unable to open my 3d model in previous version ?

Or maybe there is some compromise solution:

- i.e. saving my whole layout to dwg file, so that there are jpges on it as well? (witohout 3d model)

- or saving generally whole project to one dwg file, so that while opening in autocad, it'd contain all stories, details and elevation drawings. (I know that I could also save each drawing to dwg, but it's a bit to time cosuming task..)

thx
karol

p.s. ok, I found one solution: saving layout in AC 14 as a dwg in one file, so later I can open this file in previous AC an have all drawings also on one layout. when needed all drawings might be also exploded, so I can edit lines as well.
But still, it really annoys me, that archicads are so incompatible with each other, mainly in 3d.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
knowledge is missing in your head, but the force is strong in you, young jedi

get yourself archicad documentation tutorials and books

read more about archicad translators

with archicad and organizer you can export all drawings with one click and using archicad translators you can adjust any setings you like to be exported.

When you finish your project alwys save it like archive so you will have all lib.included.

Moving backward in archicad is not simple as let say autocad...so you have to do it step by step, carefully exporting from 15 to 14 to 13 etc with librarys included...

I didnt have any problem exporting any 3d from archicad to any other software. If you have some specific problem, plz write.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Necko

Thx for reply.
I know that saving as *.pla lets me have all the 3d objects included in my file, but as long as I stay in same ac version.

Today, I did couple of tests trying to open my archicad 14 file in archicad 13.
The plans opened indeed, but when trying to show 3d window, it appears a window saying 'different ac3d version'.
So what am I doing wrong here?
First,
Set the priorities - If You wish to work on the project on lower AC version:
Check what libraries You have loaded in Your project.
If You have custom parts - have them loaded into the internal library (they will be included in the pln file and will downgrade without problems - mostly)

Than downgrade Your file to AC 14 pln.
In AC 14:
If You have linked standard AC library - than unload AC15 library and load AC14 standard library - the AC15 parts will switch to AC14 parts.
In most cases the GDL objects should switch to lower version ones smoothly, but sometimes the dots apear- even if the parts are there.
In such case select all parts of one kind like all windows Hit CTRL+T and than OK - the object should regenerate and show up.

If You do not wish to work on lower AC version but need to downgrade the file:
Load all used library object into internal library (there is dedicated function inside Library manager dialog) and then save from AC 15 to AC14 - You may also do the same and downgrade to AC13.
IFAIR the same can be done from AC13 to AC12 - but the internal library from the pln will be unloaded after downgrade to a folder due to the fact that AC 12 did not support the internal library. (I am not completly sure if the last step works).

Best Regards,
Piotr

ps. You may also visit Polish AC forum archiclub.pl
Learn and get certified!