BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Segmented profile beam intersection cleanup in plan

RWARCHPC
Booster

  

I am having an issue with getting segments of a profile beam to display properly in plan. If anyone has expertise with this I'd be grateful for a workable solution. I have three profiles used to make a stone veneer site wall: one for the wall, it's stone veneer, and it's coping + one for a stone veneer end piece + one for a separate coping. The three components are set up as a segmented beam and the result in the model display is perfect and does exactly what I want. However the result in the plan shows the beans segments not cleaning up as they should. I've tried different locations for the reference line and base point for the profile, but nothing seams to work so I left the base point/reference at the face of the concrete core. I've tried modeling the same elements as profile walls, giving up the segmented beam workflow, but that did not help either. There are offset modifiers in the profiles as well to allow the wall to be extended as needed to follow the terrain. I could throw a solid fill on the plan and call it a day but I'd like to know if it's possible to get the segments to display as they do in the model view.

2023-12-22_08-54-42.png

2023-12-22_09-01-05.png

2023-12-22_09-02-19.png

2023-12-22_09-02-44.png

2023-12-22_09-04-27.png

2023-12-22_09-06-58.png

   

Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS '14 Sonoma
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Robert:

One possibility is that the On-Screen Display Option of Clean Wall & Beam Intersections is set to off (not checked).

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Hi David,

No, the Clean Wall & Beam Intersections option is checked. Thanks for checking.

Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS '14 Sonoma
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Botonis
Advisor

I am not in the office so I cannot test but here some ideas to test

1.Is this a matter of material priorities? Maybe the marble on top should have a higher one.

2.A segmented column like you profile propably should fix the connection.

3.A dummy beam 0.001 thickness placed 45 degrees in each corner maybe can also fixed this.  I have tried this several times and it worked for inclined beams. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I'm not sure if this is the best solution, but I played around with variations of the profile parts (coping, wall end, wall cavity, etc.)  as well as material priorities, and was able to make it work in plan and in 3D (see below). The strange thing is that the beam sections are not mitred. The segmented column at the corners is an interesting idea. I may try that just to see how it works out.

Thank you

2023-12-23_11-50-01.png

2023-12-23_11-50-28.png

  

Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS '14 Sonoma
1TB SSD storage
Learn and get certified!