BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Selection boundary box color etc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good evening. AC22, is there a way to change the selection boundary box line color, and or the boundary box opacity? With AC22 running on windows 10 and using a black background in AC, the boundary box lines are very faint. I have tried every obvious setting in Work Envior and still no luck. Am I missing something?

Also thought I would mention this is a new machine build, using an Nvidia Quarto P4000 graphics card.

Thanks much,
Jim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah I found it, and I thought I searched everywhere. This will adjust the boundary color.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
If you mean the box as you select elements, then I don't think so.

Have you tried a background colour other than black?
I use the old manual drawing board green myself - pretty easy on the eyes and a bit nicer than beige.

I often wonder why people use a black background.
I am sure it all stems back to the early CAD days when we only had a choice of 16 colours to draw with and the background was black by default.
It just perpetuated from there.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry,
Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. I've tried all different background colors and still the same. No matter what color I choose, there's not much of a contrasting color on the selection box, difficult to see with any background color. AC21 I don't have the problem, so I just reinstalled AC22 and it fixed the problem, for the most part. On my system AC21 definitely has a more contrasting boundary color than AC22, not sure why. And trying different BG colors and shades etc defiantly effects the boundary color. If I choose too light of a BG color the boundary color is a very light gray, hard to see. But if I make the shade of the BG color a little darker, the the boundary color now turns black, which is much easier to see, much better contrasting color. This is what I am experiencing on my system, strange.

And you are correct, the black BG stems from the Acad days, but the black BG allows for more contrasting colors, which is easier for me to see as I am color blind (I have funny eyes). But this problem has now made me reevaluate my background choice and pen colors. I am liking a BG color similar to yours (188/226/194). It is a little easier on the eyes as opposed to black, and the boundary color is black.

Thanks for the reply.

Jim
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah I found it, and I thought I searched everywhere. This will adjust the boundary color.

Jim
Barry Kelly
JMM4JMC wrote:
So it is, thanks for posting back.
Even after nearly 20 years I am still learning new things.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!