BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Setting project orientation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

Is there any way we can use the rotated orientation to be the new north? This is specifically about the "co-ordinate dimension" object as the Eastings and Northings are not using the project north that we have set.

Screenshots attached, sorry far garbled message, that's the best I could describe:
First is the way the project is set up, with an eastings and northing grid point in the centre showing the real world north, and 0 degrees in the orientation box at the bottom.
Second is what we'd like it to be.
Is there any way of doing this without rotating the actual model (cmd+e style).
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Second image:
Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 10.53.21.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the answer is no, because that value has nothing to do with the orientation of the Project North or the orientation of the Rotated Grid.
It simply show how much the Floor Plan is rotated relative to the horizontal and it cannot be set to show a value relative to something else.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha, I thought this might be the case.

I gave Graphisoft tech a ring a couple of hours ago and was going to update this. You got here before me!

There was a work around that the support mentioned, which involved setting up a trace layer sheet with the correct orientation for the co-ordinates, and then using this as a cover over the drawing on a layout. However, I've taken the long route and rotated the entire project, updating all the viewports now.
Learn and get certified!