Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shells using composite structures

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Greetings - It was my understanding that the AC15 Shell tool could use composite structures for the cut fill of the shell. When attempting to apply a composite structure, no composite structures appear in the cut fill list under 'Structure.' Solid, vectorial and symbol fills are all available, but not composite. What am I doing wrong? Please see the attached screenshot of Shell DB with available structural cut fills. Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Scott,

Either you didn't scroll to the bottom of your fills list to find the composites... or none of your existing composites have been adjusted for use with the Shell Tool. See attached screenshot... the 'use with' just filters composites when used with the different tools to help keep the list shorter and to only contain those composites that you think are relevant with the tool.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Karl,

Thank you so much, I had overlooked that composite filter setting. This is the first time using the shell tool and I did not notice the new shell toggle in the composites DB. D'oh!

Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Karl Ottenstein
Don't feel bad. I didn't notice it until I looked just now. So, answering your question taught me something new. During beta, either we didn't need to use that ... or I just layer with composites that were already shell-enabled. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB