Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Simple wall Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Im working on a model in Archicad 15 (osx snow leopard) and there seems to be a strange error happening to some of my walls. I have been in contact with Graphisoft support who had never seen anything like it, so im hoping any of you might have a solution to this problem.

Some of the walls generates thousands of polygons and makes it impossible to preview it in 3D. They are just simple standard walls and this only happens to some of them.

I attach an image so you can see.

Anyone seen this before, any idea?

Kindly
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the surface material of that wall? I've never seen anything like that either.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's just the default wall setting and not connected to the material as nothing changes as i change material. So strange..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you do a screenshot of your wall settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's screenshot 1

Kindly
Fredrik
Anonymous
Not applicable
.. and 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The surface you have selected for the wall is "surf-fabric". I think this may be causing the funny texture. Please try changing that to a solid color or something else.
fabric.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
This should have fixed it, correct?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats what i thought too but after testing with all kinds of surface material and other settings (incl solid colors) i have no idea. Nothing changes this random behaviour. I have created several walls and other objects and many of them have the same settings, still some of them have this problem. Maybe its a bug or something, i have never seen this before in earlier versions of archicad.