BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Site plan (incl. roofs) with textures...how?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I have a relatively simple question, but for the life of me, I can't find an answer, here in the forums or elsewhere.

I'm looking to create a site plan so it shows not only the roofs but the site textures as well. (Something like the attached example from Pinterest- but with roof textures too).

I'm coming back from Revit and I'm having to rewire my brain on lots of things so bear with me, but it should be simple, shouldn't it?
It's pretty straightforward in Revit.

I've read elsewhere in the forums, that creating a 3D document is the way to go, but if anyone can give any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Scott
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The image you show is a photorender top down.

Go in to axonometry 3D view, 3D projection settings and pick 'top view', set the camera azimuth up the way you like (270° is true XY axis view) and render.

A work around to show textures in a top down 3D document would be to make a lot of graphic override rules and image fills to replace the vectorial fills of surfaces. This is a bit complex to explain in a quick forum post. Given the nature of graphic overrides (it will override the whole element to be one surface), it might not even work for your model.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!