BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Software Developent Environments

Roughly Drafted has been posting backgrounders on what Apple's port of Safari to Windows might mean for Developers. An example of his writing is here.

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q2.07/79BEDAAE-B881-4108-800D-498F856C50D3.html

Not being too technically oriented in this area, I did manage to glean from this particular article that Apple Developersd might actually be working to make a port of ArchiCAD to Linus (for example) more feasible.

Hope you find it interesting. For me this is an example of Apple's work in the background and the introduction of new technologies incrementally. We won't have Multi-Touch Computers, for example, without the iPhone.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
1 REPLY 1
stefan
Expert
I don't think ArchiCAD is a Cocoa application. So I'm not sure if Graphisoft would be able to reap the results from this.

And it's too soon to assume that native OSX applications will be compilable on Linux or Windows, when they currently rely on OSX frameworks.

But that said, many Linux applications have been successfully ported to OSX so I imagine that some of them might go the other way around, once the OSX-specific frameworks on which they rely are being ported as well.

Probably not for PowerPCs anyway...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!