Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Some stair attributes can not be changed in ArchiCAD 15

compu
Contributor
Hi.

I can not change some attributes of a stair in ArchiCAD 15.

I have a stair which I want to display it in the story above, changed is display setting to "Home & One Story Up" but I don't want its breakline. Gone to "edit stair", and Attributes from "Symbol Settings", 2D Above Home Story and set "Breakline" to off...

But nothing's changed. =/ It's the same for any setting in Attributes pages.

Maybe you may want to watch it from the video I've just uploaded here: http://youtu.be/fKU5dBvJNvM
archisem.com
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have the same issue, but it also applies to any edit I make to the stair after its initial creation. In AC14 I used to be able edit stair width/ materials etc. and the stair would update, in AC15 this doesn't seem to happen. Each time I want to change the stair, I have to use save as and make a new version.

Has something been altered/ changed in AC15?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
You needn't Save As a new stair:
If you change the parameters via Edit Stair, then you'll need to select another stair from the browser area, and then re-select the stair you just edited -- this assigns the stair the default settings (as you just changed via Edit Stair).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, on AC14 I didn't, but AC15 for me no longer works that way unless i do a save as to make an edit. Any edit will not take place if I just select ok.
compu
Contributor
simonblencowe wrote:
I agree, on AC14 I didn't, but AC15 for me no longer works that way unless i do a save as to make an edit. Any edit will not take place if I just select ok.
OK button doesn't make any "symbol settings" changes anymore. (geometry settings can be changed, it's ok with that...) "Edit Stair" has changed in 15, this is a bug and sorry, Laura doesn't want to understand what we say about this issue. I wrote to Graphisoft about this and still waiting a response.

Simon, if you want Edit Stair to work, just go to settings of selected stair and click Edit Stair over there, not from Info Box... then you'll see OK button will do every changes you make.
archisem.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I see what Laura is talking about. It seems that any changes; 2D, materials etc. are made in the info/ parameters box but geometry info is changed in the stair maker box. this is definitely different to AC14; i guess it allows you to have a standard stair but dress it up differently as suits if you have more than one in a project?

an enhancement?
cheers