Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sorry if this is old news, but phantom shadows and...

Anonymous
Not applicable
disapearing walls in version 10. In our office we use casted shadows to denote depth on our exterior elevations, and recently I have noticed that we get shadows for no reason on elevations. If we modify the elevations the shadows change, but they are still there, as though we had a roof or slab just out of view. There are no objects which could be casting these shadows, we have checked. Often. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Also, in section, walls or otyher objects seem to dissapear for some reason. I patched my version and the walls cam eback, but has anyone else had this problem or know a possible solution? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Prior to version10, errant shadows would often occur on our elevations (we do ours the same as you). In version 10 the only time I remember strange shadows appearing is when a roof plane has degenerated in some way. Another thing to consider is if you have a stray wall that is nested within another wall. That can produce some unwanted shadows and could explain the disappearance of things in section.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Chris wrote:
I have noticed that we get shadows for no reason on elevations. If we modify the elevations the shadows change, but they are still there, as though we had a roof or slab just out of view. There are no objects which could be casting these shadows, we have checked. Often. Does anyone know how to remedy this?
Stephen wrote:
Another thing to consider is if you have a stray wall that is nested within another wall. That can produce some unwanted shadows and could explain the disappearance of things in section.
Our problems with errant shadows in AC10 were caused by sloppy modeling (walls within walls, etc.).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5