Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Special snap points - finishes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm working in a view that I have made to show "without finishes". I was wondering if there is a way to tell the cursor to refrain from snapping to the hidden finishes?
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
I think you will find it is not the finish that you can still select but the reference line of the wall which is selectable regardless of which partial Structure Display you use.

What you will want to do is set the reference line of your walls to the 'Core Outside/Inside' rather then the 'Inside/Outside Face'.
This would make it easier when modelling also as it is the core surface that you will want to position (and dimension) in your model rather than the finish surface.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Barry.

So i only have this problem on my composite wall structures not my complex wall profiles. I see the reference line point within the complex profile dialogue box. I'll have a look at the composite structures and see what I'm doing wrong.
Barry Kelly
You will have the same problem with a complex profile wall as well but I am guessing maybe you have the complex profile created with the core on the origin point rather than the finish on the origin point.

With a complex profile you can't control the ref line position other than editing the profile in relation to the origin point or using the 'Modify wall reference line' command and 'Edit Offset' to place it where you want.

The attached image shows you the ref lines on a composite wall and you will see even when you turn of the finish or other skins then the reference line is still in the original location and is still selectable.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your guess was correct. I usually build my complex profiles to have the cores on the reference point. I also use the complex profiles to drop into rebates as well.

The reason I am trying to bring composites into my models more, is so I can use the Cadimage wall covering add-on for presentation purposes. The wall covering tool cannot attach to complex profiles or slanted walls. However it really is a versatile tool. I want to make some fly throughs and internal renders that make use of the tool.

I'll check out the modify wall reference line command. Thanks mate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Barry. Thanks for that suggestion. I've never even seen that command before (although it seems obvious now and a little embarrassing). You saved me a lot of work.

Hope I can return the favour one day.