Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair / Edit Selection Set bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think there is a small bug in the Stair tool and in the way how it reacts to the Edit Selection Set.

Today I had a problem with one Stair that wasn't showing on plans even though I just changed its layer in the Edit Selection Set. Changing the Layer in the Settings Dialog worked just fine and when I tried again the Edit Selection Set, that worked too, but then I noticed that it reacts differently depending on how was the Stair selected.

When the Stair was selected by clicking anywhere but on the edge opposite to the Reference Line, everything works fine no matter how you change the layer. But when you click on the edge opposite to the Reference Line (when the Stair's Boundaries are highlighted instead of Reference Line), it does not react to the Edit Selection Set...
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for posting this issue here, and I'm sorry about this experience!

I will have our Technical Support team take a look at this.
It seems to be a defect with the software though, but nevertheless, I will reach out to you again here once we conclude the investigation.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi again,

I would like to give a quick update on this matter.

We have concluded the investigation, confirmed it is indeed a bug! It has been recorded to our database, please refer to it in the future as GISS-667. Hopefully, the fix will be released soon.

I would just like to personally thank you for reporting this defect!

I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT