BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Staircase - Starting from a corner

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm having a problem building a staircase.

On the left I built a 3D staircase very simply using individual floor slabs with 2D annotation over the top. Now I'm learning about how to use the proper 3D stairs but so far I can't figure out a way to get the 3D to match the 2D. I need my staircase to have the angled corner style, but I also need the staircase to START on the angled corner like it's shown on the left. Anytime I try to manipulate the 3D stair it snaps to a straight run. Is there a tickbox somewhere to specify 'start on the corner' or a work around that anybody knows of?

Also, how do I control the style of the stair run arrow, I want to take off the little circle at the end.

I'm running ArchiCAD 22.

Thanks!
Hannah
22 REPLIES 22
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
LaszloNagy wrote:
So, all I could do is to take an old trick and just cover that last Tread on the Floor Plan with a Fill that has the same background as the Floor Plan Viewpoint.
Laszlo:
Very well illustrated solution. Rather than a fill to hide the last tread, my standard pen set has a series of white lines that are a bit thicker than the standard pens. So I can simply draw a white line or polyline over any element that I want to hide. I have found this quicker than using fills.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
David, good idea.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Jp1138
Expert
Nice, thank you very much! This kind of examples opens your mind to the possibilities of the software!
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Learn and get certified!