BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stairs & Stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please Help! I have tried and tried, but can not figure out how to make a stair show on a story level other than it's home story. I am sure there is a (simple) way to do this, but I can't find it.
11 REPLIES 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Should work right there in the Stair dialog...

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That just puts it on the indicated level. I would like the stairs to show on multiple levels, similar to "show on stories" for roofs.
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
Set the story visibility.

Stig
1.jpg
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sorry. You can set the Show On Stories as shown (in conjunction with the Home Story setting as above)...

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using AC 11, but do not have that availability on my stairmaker properties window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I knew it was simple. By the way, How does one insert an image on this forum? I clicked the Img tab, but it just wrote [img].
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Jeff wrote:
Thanks. I knew it was simple. By the way, How does one insert an image on this forum? I clicked the Img tab, but it just wrote [img].
I think Img references a url. I always use the Add an Attachment function which appears below the text editor when you are composing your post.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
like so
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, once you allow it to be listed on however many stories, it only shows it in plan? I don't understand, I want the stairs to repeat up like how you would define an elevator's height in stories.

When it does this, it doesn't show it in 3D. Do I have to go in and add in a stair every level? If so, why don't I just put one level as a trace underneath? Right now the stair looks like a regular object on all the other floors (in plan) but it doesn't actually show in 3d. What's up?

Thanks
Learn and get certified!