BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Storey Settings Crash - Archicad 14 on OS X 10.7 Lion

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else experiencing consistent crashing when they use cmd+7 to view storey settings? This problem started when upgrading to os X 10.7 Lion. I have the latest archicad updates and 10.7.2 update.

frustrated...
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
No problem here.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

I'm Still having trouble. There doesn't seem to be a problem with Archicad 15, which I tried briefly on my machine. I see in your signature you're using AC 15.

The rest of my office isn't prepared to go to 14, so I'm not able to start using 15. I do believe this is a problem, but I'm still stumped why there are no other threads for this problem.

I've tried using different files, even blank template files, and accessing the storey settings always crashes my machine, and my co-workers machine.

OS X 10.7.2 + Archicad 14 (4044) + accessing storey settings = CRASH

Rob
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Rob,

I tested with 14 when I responded before...just checked now to be sure I'm also on build 4044.

Do you have any special characters other than letters and numbers in your Story names? If so, post a screenshot of the story dialog as the content might be related to the crash.

Is everything on a single monitor, or is part of the interface not on the primary monitor when you crash?

Have you created a fresh user account and tried to reproduce it there? It is possible that some login item on your personal account is interfering with things. This is important.

If still problematic, if you haven't recently, run Disk Utility and do a Verify Disk, and if all is OK, a Repair Disk Permissions.

Finally, clean your ArchiCAD preferences and try again:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/PreferencesCleaning?action=show&redirect=Preference+Cleaning

Note: under Lion, you cannot easily get to your personal Library folder (~/Library) as required by that article. The easiest trick to doing so is this: 1. Open a Finder window, then 2. Hold down the Option key and in the Finder's "Go" menu, you'll now see Library as an option (release Option and it goes away). Click there - then follow the directions in the Wiki article.

If you're still crashing after all of the above, launch Console, go to the ~/Library/Logs section. Under CrashReporter, find the ArchiCAD crash log. Right-click the log file in the sidebar and select "Reveal in Finder" then right-click the crash file in Finder and select "Compress…" to create a zip file of the crash log. Drag the zip to your desktop (to get it out of the log folder) and attach it to a message here. Delete the zip afterwards. Maybe one of us will see something obvious in the crash log.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
micacchi wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing consistent crashing when they use cmd+7 to view storey settings? This problem started when upgrading to os X 10.7 Lion. I have the latest archicad updates and 10.7.2 update.
I just tested that combination and didn't have any problems. Is this happening even in a blank, template project? Or does it just occur in some cases and not in others, i.e. could it be some kind of corruption in the project?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!