Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Story Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a good way to show multiple stories on one plan. In a large project there are multiple levels throughout the project, and I would like to set up a story for each one. Although I also want to have a comprehensive plan to reference all buildings at once. Possible? I was thinking of possibly a trace that could print, or a fancy hot link move, I don't know, can anyone suggest anything? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
If I understand you correctly, you could just overlay drawings in the layout book...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought about that, but I am nervous about human error, what do you think? (thanks for your reply)
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
What type of "human error", exactly?

You can insert hotspots in each view to ensure the overlapping drawings align -- you can lock the drawings in the layout book to ensure they aren't accidentally moved...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, thanks for your input, That's what I will do.

EJD
Djordje
Ace
Laura wrote:
You can insert hotspots in each view to ensure the overlapping drawings align -- you can lock the drawings in the layout book to ensure they aren't accidentally moved...
... or use Trace if on 11 ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
I have the same issue here...
How about the project zero? Should I keep it on 0? In multi-level projects, I never know what to do with the levels on the story settings and on the reference levels...
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
PatriciaLeão wrote:
I have the same issue here...
How about the project zero? Should I keep it on 0? In multi-level projects, I never know what to do with the levels on the story settings and on the reference levels...
Project Zero should always be zero. What level of your project is equivalent to Project Zero is up to you (just like it was back in the days of hand drafting).