BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Structural Drafting

Anonymous
Not applicable
So here is my question. When creating stuctural drawings I like the ability to show the walls above in the framing plan I am drawing in a dashed line and to have some type of control of the line weights on the walls below. I have read some older post about hotlinking or creating some type clone data base. The projects we are dealing with are residential. Currently we are modleing all of the structure and we are showing the walls above by creating a view and only showing the walls. Any insight would be apprecaited.
Thanks
Christian
2 REPLIES 2
Christian,
Glad u found archicad-talk!

As with everything ArchiCAD, there is never only one way to do it.
Layers combos, and Views do a good job for this. Something else you might find useful in combination with these is Model View Options and of course with the display order tool you can make things display on top or below.

I show walls as solid lines below the floor framing and dashed lines for the walls above. Attached is a bad example but you can get the idea.

The fill consolidation tool helps to do this with out too much effort.
Make a copy of your walls and explode it. Delete everything except the fills and use the fill consolidation tool to make a single fill out of that which you can use for walls in what ever view you need it.
Sometimes there is an advantages to doing this over trying to make a fancy assembly of drawings for the layout book.

You can make these wall fills as poche or empty and with what ever border lines you need. They are also quite easy to stretch around to match walls you might move around. The red dashed lines of the floor above that you see in this drawing are actually just a fill.

I like to show the plumbing as well as the walls above on the floor framing plan.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your help Steve,
I think we mave have found a work around using the renovation filter.If not I think I will do what you sugested and just wait until the nd of the project to add the dashed lines.
Thnaks
Christian
Learn and get certified!