Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Student version printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am attempting to print out a project at home on my A4 printer and would like to avoid showing the 'student version' border (ok I could just trim it after printing but do want/need full A4 page!) Can anyone assist in this dept? I know some guys in class can set up a method of 9 x A4 size boxes and print just the centre one, but I am not sure how to do this successfully! I appreciate any input! Thanks, redcat
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That border text is meant to be printed. This is part of the Student version deal.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Bruce
Expert
Unfortunately the tutors aren't as understanding when you submit work with a dirty great ugly border around your work.

If your uni has ArchiCAD (which it should) it will print border-less.

You can also output an oversize A4 as a .pdf and delete the border in photoshop.

Of course, I never do this

To do a multi-page spread:
1. Change your Master page size to A2 or A1.
2. Centre your drawing on the larger sheet.
3. Choose to print on A4 size.
4. Under print options select the centre anchor point and take note of the page print order (bottom left of dialog).
5. Only print this page (e.g. 5 to 5).

Does this get rid of the border? I don't know 'cause I never do it - but that's how you do a multi-page spread
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb