Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Sudden change : Walls not joining properly

Anton LH
Participant

Hello everyone,

I know it's a pretty common subject but I can't seem to find the reason of this sudden change in my file.

I was changing my complex profile walls and I suddenly realised all the wall connections in my file don't join anymore, not only the complex profiles. The "clean wall intersection" is turned on on the view panel. walls are on the same layers, with same properties (junction orders etc). 

When opening another file everything seems fine. But when I copying and pasting the complex profile wall it doesnt join properly anymore as well (only the complex profile wall that time, other simple walls are joining properly).

I'm clueless with this one. Is there another option that I have turned on or off without realizing ? 

Thank you for your help ! 

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 13.27.31.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Check the current Layer Combination. Any chance that the Layer Intersection Group of the Walls' layer is set to zero in that Layer Combination? If the Layer Intersection Group is 0, no intersection occurs.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Check the current Layer Combination. Any chance that the Layer Intersection Group of the Walls' layer is set to zero in that Layer Combination? If the Layer Intersection Group is 0, no intersection occurs.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you Laszlo ! It effectively worked, didn't know that if the group is 0 no intersection can be done. 

Thanks again

Anton