BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Surface color question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to change the surface color of an element that has a texture? I tried to change the surface color in the Exposure to Light tab (Element Attributes > Surfaces > Exposure to Light) but the color of the texture remains unchanged. Then I changed the texture itself from the texture window and I applied the new texture to the element. In the 3D window I can clearly see that the element has a new texture but when I render a picture, the picture doesn't render with the new texture.
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you are rendering with the CineRender Engine, you will need to set up your textures there seperately as they are done seperately to the ones you see in the 3d window.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Ling! I matched the surface settings from the basic render to CineRender and that's how I transferred them but still one question remains: is it possible to change the color of a texture in ArchiCAD? I tried to change it in the surface settings window but the color of the texture in the rendered image hasn't changed.
Lingwisyer
Guru
As far as I know, changing the "surface colour" in the Basic Engine will not make any difference unless you have some sort of transparency to your image texture. You will need to change your reference image. For the CineRender Engine, you can add a Filter layer in your Colour Channel before your reference image, or using Layers to add a Color, Hue or Overlay mask over the top of your reference image.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
It is probably easier to just edit your texture image in a 'paint shop' type program (image editor).
Be sure to keep a copy of the original texture - i.e. duplicate it and edit the duplicate.
This way you will have the original if you still need it and you will be adding to your available texture collection.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!