BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Temporarily disabling SEO

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is it possible to temporarily disable SEO's?
e.g. I've got a site which I'm cutting into (using SEO's) and I want to be show before and after's or have several SEO's and enable them in different combinations to quickly show different options.

Or is that just a wishlist?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
sfoo wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to temporarily disable SEO's?
e.g. I've got a site which I'm cutting into (using SEO's) and I want to be show before and after's or have several SEO's and enable them in different combinations to quickly show different options.

Or is that just a wishlist?

Thanks!
You can elevate all the SEO elements by a known value until they don't intersect
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
... or you could possibly save a separate Layer Combination with different intersection priorities for the objects you don't want to SEO. I don't remember if I've tried it (I think I did), but it should work - Site = 1, Slab = 1 (if SEO is active), = 2 (if SEO is inactive on Site).

Clear as mud, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a newer answer to this question?
Sergio's option doesn't work (I've tried it), presumably because SEO operations aren't the same as intersection priorities.
Djordje's option requires manual intervention instead of simply 'toggling' between states.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's a site situation like the original post, copy the mesh (but not the operators) and the SEO's will not apply to the copy. Place it on a unique layer (I have one for Site: 3D Existing) and you can turn it on and off independently of the proposed mesh.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course!! That's obvious in hindsight
Thanks s2art - I think you just gave this thread closure.
Learn and get certified!