BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Thick lines in window in Complex Profile Wall

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Anyone have any idea where the pen is that is creating the very thick line in this window?

Another thing I've noticed is that windows in the wall with a complex profile are not scale sensitive, which I noticed as a result of the screen redraws taking longer when these walls were introduced.

When the window is deleted the thick lines go away so it has something to do with the window but there is no way access whichever pen that is getting screwed up that I can find.

tia
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
fuzzytnth3:

This is a guess, but you might try changing the Wall's Floor Plan Display option to Cut Only, or looking at the Wall's Uncut Line Pen. I think the issue is with the Wall's settings, not the Window's, as Complex Walls cannot be set to Symbolic Floor Plan Display.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
fuzzytnth3
Booster
That did the trick thanks, the second thing you said that is ie the Wall's Uncut pen thickness.

What was confusing me was when I deleted the window the thick line went away. Also to discover that windows loose their scale sensitivity when placed in Complex Profile walls
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Also to discover that windows loose their scale sensitivity when placed in Complex Profile walls
I am not seeing this. Assuming that the parameters under General Settings for the Scale Values are the same for the 2 windows, does the Window in the Complex Profile Wall have its Floor Plan Display set to Symbolic? The Symbolic uses the 2D Script, the others are a cut through the 3D model.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!