BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Three wall intersection

Josh Griffen
Newcomer
I am having some problems with wall clean up at a three wall intersection. The reference lines are all ending at a single point, but the interior drywall is still not cleaning up correctly. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this? The junction order for all three walls are the same, and changing them in various ways does not fix it.
Archicad 22
Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
I have found changing the reference line is sometimes the only way to fix these types of connections. The other thing you need to consider is how the connection will be made on site with the core material. Poured concrete may work but timber or masonry could leave some awkward triangles to fill. If possible try to adjust the walls so that the face of the third wall core is aligned with the mitre point of the priority walls.

If all else fails you can create a complex profile and form the connection with a column, or olde skoole place a patch.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Josh Griffen
Newcomer
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have moved the reference lines to different locations and it hasn't fixed it. Also, this is for an existing intersection where I am modelling as-builts, so I can't move the walls.
Archicad 22
Windows 10
runxel
Legend
Josh wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have moved the reference lines to different locations and it hasn't fixed it. Also, this is for an existing intersection where I am modelling as-builts, so I can't move the walls.
To bad this is still unadressed by GS, but hey! time for a classic Murray.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!