BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tracker input- feet vs inches

Tom Krowka
Booster
If project preferences are set to inches, how can I get the tracker to accept feet. Or can I. Have been avoiding the issue for a while and just converting, but it seems one should be able to input values either in feet and inches or just straight inches.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tom:

Change the Working Units to Feet & Inches, and when you want to input just inches, use ' 0 - X ' where X = inches, or ' X" ' where X is inches with the inch symbol/indicator.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Tom Krowka
Booster
I guess the key is the hyphen before the inches. Never knew that.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also use the "/" key after the number for inches. example 8/ is 8 inches. it does not sound like much, but you are pressing a single key instead of the shift key plus ".
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks. Will try that out also.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jballar wrote:
You can also use the "/" key after the number for inches. example 8/ is 8 inches. it does not sound like much, but you are pressing a single key instead of the shift key plus ".
This works if the Working Units is set to Feet & Fractional Inches, but not if set to Feet & Decimal Inches, unfortunately.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!