Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Transparent walls in plan view?

Kamelite
Advocate
Is it some way to make transparent in plan view? Inside the red circle there is a window. But I can't see it because of the wall..... Is it some setting in MVO or something that can make it transparent, so I can see where the window is?

.Kamelite
Windows 10, Archicad 27
8 REPLIES 8
Lingwisyer
Guru
The default Site Graphic Overide has transparent walls? A few of the others do too.

Or if you are talking about an actual window in a second wall, not a trace, could you just change your display order?

[Select wall with window] => Context Menu => Display Order => Move to Front

Or if you are talking about a window in a wall below the cut plane, you could set a small segment of the wall containing the window, to display as cut.

Wall Settings => Floor Plan and Section => Floor Plan Display => Symbolic Cut

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Or possibly the window is below your Floor Plan Cutting Plane?
Adjust the FPCP height, or set your walls and windows to 'Symbolic' rather than 'Projected with Overhead'.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
As Barry indicated ensure the windows are set to symbolic. In addition to checking the cut plane height you should also check the cut plane range to ensure the window is included in the range to get the symbolic display.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Kamelite
Advocate
I see now I didn't explain the case good enough: I have a DWG as a T'nR. As I draw a wall, it covers a part of the .DWG. The DWG describes a window in that wall, but because of the wall, the exact positioning of the window is hidden. Is it some way to make walls in general transparent through MVO or something?

.Kamelite
Windows 10, Archicad 27
DGSketcher
Legend
In the Trace reference settings you can have a trace reference on top and you can have transparent fills & zones.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lingwisyer
Guru
Going back to my original post, if you use Graphic Overrides, you are wanting the rule "All Cut Fills: Transparent, No Skin Separators".

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Similar issue discussed here: AUTOCAD TO ARCHICAD FOR TRACING EVERYTHING.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Kamelite
Advocate
DGSketcher wrote:
In the Trace reference settings you can have a trace reference on top and you can have transparent fills & zones.
This was the trick I needed! Thnx!

-Kamelite
Windows 10, Archicad 27