Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trim a Roof to a Roof....

Anonymous
Not applicable
SO, I am wokring on a building and on the same story I have about 7 different roof heights/Pitches etc... I am wondering if can trim a roof to a roof. I think this question makes sense to me, I hope it does to someone out there with an answer too.
Thank You.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You should be able to do it the same way you find ridges, valleys etc.

Select the roof you want to match to, then ctrl-click the edge of a roof you want to trim/extend to the first roof, and it will find the position where the two roof planes meet. Reverse the selection and ctrl-click process for the other roof.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's awesome, thank you. I see that that finds where the roof meet for me, which is great, but it doesnt trim the roff underneith, so to do that I just use the "subtract from polygon" tool?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not quite sure what you mean. Can you post a screen shot?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I am not so sure that I know exactly what I mean either, But what ever I did, it is working out. So i am going to go with it for now.
As for a screen shot, I am new to this, could you explain how I do that, cause that will probably be helpful to me when I have more questions.
Thank You!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Various options for screen shots discussed elsewhere in this forum. Try a search (near top of screen). I just hit the Print Screen button then paste as new image in photoshop, crop, saveas... Mac is different I believe.

As advised by others too, it is handy to add your system info to your signature in your profile so people know what you're using, helps with answering questions.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
On the Mac, you hit command + shift + 4. this presents you
with a cursor in the form of a circle and cross hairs which
you drag across that portion of the screen that you want
a picture of. In OS X, a .PDF with the title "Picture One" will appear
on the desktop. In OS previous to OS X a Pict file of the same
name is placed in the hard drive directory at the top level.
Peter Devlin
Barry Kelly
Jesikuh123 wrote:
That's awesome, thank you. I see that that finds where the roof meet for me, which is great, but it doesnt trim the roff underneith, so to do that I just use the "subtract from polygon" tool?
Just repeat the same thing but in reverse.

Select first roof and CTRL-click second roo edge.
Now select second roof and CTRL-click first roof edge.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11