Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trimming a wall without losing the walls characteristics

This Picture shows what I would like to do. In the picture it shows the inside wall. You will notice that while the wall conforms to the curved wall there is a portion that sticks  out where the opening in the wall is. The picture also shows what I would like the trimmed wall to look like. If I try to modify one wall and then do a "rotate multiple copies" the result is all of the copies don't maintain the curve associated with the outer wall. So modify and copy doesn't work. The only option I see is to modify each wall individually which is fine but I am looking for a way to do that that is simple and not time consuming. It would be nice if I could create a marquee on the wall surface of the shape I want to remove and then delete that area from the wall but I don't see any such capability or feature that can do that. Appreciative of all suggestions.

wall trim.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
aarkell
Enthusiast

Could you use Solid Element Operations (SEO)? At first glance I might try creating a complex profile beam in the shape you want cut out from the wall, and then extrude it to create a "doughnut" ring around the structure, and use SEO to set beam as operator and walls as targets with the subtract command. And then put that beam on a separate SEO layer. Very rough sketch below, orange would be the beam, probably a triangle shape if I'm seeing your screenshot accurately.

aarkell_0-1711748209676.png

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10

Hello Aakell:

I understand what you are suggesting and I don't see why it shouldn't work. I will give it a try. Thanks